My New Chichen House (Run's Started 9/21/09 #5)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Julie's Silkies, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Julie's Silkies

Julie's Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Gloucester, Virginia
    Hi
    After alot of researching and reading and looking at all the great coop's and henhouse's on here. We have started building.
    My Poor hubby is killing his self trying to get done over the holiday. it's 12x16 will have 4 builtin boxes on the left side that will be 4x4 with a run for each box . plus we are going to be fencing in a large part of the field for them to have play time.
    will post more pic's soon.
    So we have spent over $500 and still have alot to get. still have to the pen boards, wire and paint for the henhouse.
    Cant wait until it's finished

No the floor isnt leaning
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    It looks great so far! [​IMG] Can't wait to see finished pics![​IMG]

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    looks like he has everything under control [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Great start, I bet it will look an awesome looking henhouse.

Omran

4. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    You know these poor men are always doing something for us girls and our "hobby"(chickens) on their days off. I salute you sir for your service !!! [​IMG][​IMG]

5. chaoschicken

chaoschicken Cackleberry Crazy

Jun 23, 2009
    Washington State
    Nice start.

Can't wait to see it all done.

Take care while building.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:????!!![​IMG] ???!!! Where do you live?? I'm gonna move there!! I built my coop all by my little lonesome. Former Marine who doesn't like to get dirty.

Great coop! Keep the pics coming!!

7. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    nice and big! And what a lovely backdrop for your chicken coop.

BTW, it took us *13* weeks to build our coop. Granted we had NO clue what we were doing, but still. Hats off to a man who has goals of finishing a big structure like that in a long weekend.

8. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    Quote:????!!![​IMG] ???!!! Where do you live?? I'm gonna move there!! I built my coop all by my little lonesome. Former Marine who doesn't like to get dirty.

You and me both! No men helping around here! I do it or it doesn't get done.

9. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    In the last 4 years I've gotten my husband to feed my chickens TWICE! The thought of getting him to build me something...well it will never happen. Every time I go out of town I have to call my mother to check on my birds. [​IMG]

Looks like it will be a nice large coop. Can't wait to see the finished product!

10. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN

You and me both! No men helping around here! I do it or it doesn't get done.

Ditto. Chick Power Rules!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by