My new chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by feldon, Aug 3, 2007.

1. feldon

feldon Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2007
    Everson WA
    [​IMG]

Here's another pic of my baby showing more markings. Today was day 21, how much time between hatchings is usual? I don't hear any piping or see any cracks in the shells of the other three eggs.
    feldon [​IMG]

2. josee5

josee5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    Pretty! I love babies! My daughter says my sister and I need help we see chickens and our eyes glaze over and lose all self control. We usually leave with a boxful and a big smile on our faces.

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Awwww. I love babies.

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I just adore baby fuzzy wuzzys [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It's so cute! For me, if they are gong to hatch, they usually all pip within a day of each other.

[​IMG]

6. feldon

feldon Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2007
    Everson WA
    I now have another one pipping. I moved mom to her to her own private place. When I moved the eggs , I saw that one was pipping & one hadn't started yet & one literally exploded with a bang in my hand. OMG it stank so bad...phew !!! Baby #1 is loking happy & strong. [​IMG]

2 Australorps, 2 Plymouth, 2 Sexlinks, 3 Buff Orps, 3 RIRs & 1 baby cheep which I think is maybe a Welsummer. 2 west Highland terriers, 1 Cockapoo, & 11 more day olds on the way next week ![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Aww, that's terrible. At least you have another baby hatching! Now to get that stink out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by