My New Chicken Pole Barn *PICS*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Heidi, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    My DH told me I could have the "Economy Booster Check" that everyone was sent awhile back. So I decided not to pay any bills, but to build a chicken pole barn. [​IMG] It ended up costing almost 3 times the amount, but it's paid for - free and clear. Here's the yard cleared and ready and fenced off from the girls - you can see their old coop in the back.
    [​IMG]
    The beginnings - I'm far to the left, my good friend beside me and my DH off to the right.
    [​IMG]
    More friends showing up to help.
    [​IMG]
    Got to have concrete!
    [​IMG]
    Skinned and windows in - there's 2 other windows on each side that are much larger for a cross breeze.
    [​IMG]
    Inside pens - total of 3. The 2 smaller side pens have about 1/4 acres running room outside and the larger pen in the back has a yard of about 1/2 acre.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lastly - the siding. It's pretty much done except I need to add more dirt and flowers to the front and our door on the right pen needs to be built. The electric will be installed this weekend - 2 over head lights on timers and 2 outlets for water dish warmers during the winter.
    [​IMG]
    My friend from the first pic made this for me. It will hang over the front door.
    [​IMG]
    Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    wow! big place there and alot of money spent! hubby would never let me spend that [​IMG]

wendy

3. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    What a beautiful home for your flock!!!![​IMG]

4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

AWESOME! When can I move in?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    OM Gosh. What a great barn !!! I wish wish wish we could get away with that on our property!

6. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Thanks everyone - my girls aren't complaining so they must be happy. I tried to make the pics smaller in Photo bucket, but obviously I'm doing something wrong. Sorry about the largness of the pics.

7. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    WOW!! I am jealous [​IMG]

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Congratulations on your Achievement, that is a real hen house.
    I wanted myself to do the same but due to the tight budget these days I buildt a smaller house you can check mine undernieth my webpage on BYC.
    But really you did a wonderful job, you should be very happy with it for long long years to come.
    Omran.

9. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    That is wonderful!
    I wish I could get something organized like that here. I want a smaller building and still can't figure out where to start!

10. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

YIKES! That's not a COOP; that's a HOUSE!
    Love it! You're going to have some VERY happy chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by