1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new chickens!! What do you think breeds are?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by saraiquimby1, Mar 11, 2015.

1. saraiquimby1

saraiquimby1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    I am not sure the first ones are silver laced. I see a lot of gold in them. May they by chance be Gold Lace Wyandottes?
    I think you are pretty good on the others but the amberlink could be another BO.

3. saraiquimby1

saraiquimby1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Hmm. The "Gold laced" came out of the bin marked Silver laced...was hoping for silver laced, and me knowing nothing about chickens thought they looked pretty gold too.

The Amberlink...well I got 3 of them out of the bin marked "Amberlink" and got 4 "Buff orpintons" out of a bin at a different store. And once I got them home...I can't tell them apart. So I thought i got a picture of two seperate ones lol but maybe not. Is there a way to tell Buff orp chicks apart from amberlinks?

4. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    I think the amberlink chicks wing tips will be more on the white side than the BO. Very close in color as chicks though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by