1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bassetgal15, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Bassetgal15

Bassetgal15 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    [​IMG][​IMG]I think I have 1 Delaware-white
    2 Barred rock - speckled
    1 New Hampshire red and maybe
    1 Australorp- black? What do you think?

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    What kind of combs are on the barred rocks one looks like a dominique, the white one looks almost like a light sussex, the red looks almost like a production red(a red hybrid sexlinked).

3. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    I'll have to take good pictures of each one :). I just got them yesterday from a friend.

4. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

5. Grub Digger

Grub Digger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2016
    Middle TN
    I believe you're right about all of your breeds except the australorp... If the bottom of her feet are pink, you're right, but if they're yellow she may be a jersey giant. Either way, they're lovely ladies.

6. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    That is a great point about the black hen. I don't think I'll be catching her soon to check her feet, but if I have a chance I will have to look to see if they are white/pink or yellow. She is tinier than the rest so I didn't think she could be a "giant" but maybe she's growing slower because of it. We'll see when I catch her.[​IMG]

7. Grub Digger

Jan 5, 2016
    Middle TN
    Is it possible she's hatchery stock?

8. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    I am sure she's nothing fancy so most likely so... I just wanted to know for my own amusement. All birds are just pets who give me breakfast. I have no interest in breeding them or anything like that. Thank you for your input ;)

9. Grub Digger

Jan 5, 2016
    Middle TN
    She could also be a Black Plymouth Rock, which would explain the yellow legs and the size. All of my chickens are hatchery stock, I meant no offense, just that they don't always look the way they should [​IMG]

10. Bassetgal15

Feb 25, 2016
    Lake Helen, FL
    Good point Grub Digger, maybe even a black Plymouth bantam? It's hard to tell with these little black beauties I guess :D. And no offense taken at all. Thank you for your suggestions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by