1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new chicks are here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by college town chick, May 7, 2009.

1. college town chick

college town chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2008
    I'm now the proud first time owner of my very own flock of chicks!

They were shipped out yesterday, and arrived to day -- all, knock wood, very perky and apperantly healthy. A couple of them went straight to the feeder and began eating as soon as I put them in the brooder box, and it only took dipping a couple's beaks in the water before they were all drinking away.

Knock wood, so far so good:D

2. jbowen9

jbowen9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    southwest Virginia
    congrats how many did you get

3. college town chick

college town chick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2008
    26, but it's a mixed order -- a couple of other folks are taking about 10 of them. I really only wanted 10 - 12 chicks, but ordered a few extra because of mortality. Looks like I may wind up with more of them than I bargained for (and my daughter signed up to be a home for some of the chicks from their hatching experiment! I may wind up with 30 chicks before long!). Maybe one of the other people would care for a few extras!

I got:
    Barred Rock
    Australorpe
    BO
    EE
    Delaware
    Speckled Sussex
    Welsummer
    Salmon Faverolle

I'm getting thanks to dear daughter:
    Barred Rock
    RIR
    Leghorn??? (some of the chicks at school she said are a really light yellow with some black flecks on them -- I'm wondering if those are Leghorns)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by