My new chicks!!! Pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Singlemaple, May 11, 2011.

1. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    So i had an incubator going with 20 eggs in it in the end they all quit and i was kinda upset so my dad bought me 12 chicks and we have 6 new eggs in the incubator trying out to see if it will work we also have 6 eggs under a broody hen which should hatch any day but we have no idea when she started to lay on them so we have no idea...

but these chicks are 3 weeks old and we where told they where hens cause they where sexed they are nh reds barred rocks and one mystery is she a EE or a Americana?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What breed is this chick? they told me it was either a EE or americana but i feel like it is a golden laced whyandotte ( or however you spell it )
    [​IMG]
    this chick below is the sweetest chick when i go to pet them and handle them i will be holding one of the other ones and she will hop/fly onto my shoulder and sit there sometimes falls asleep.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    [​IMG] Very cute chickies! Hope your eggs hatch that are in the bator... [​IMG] Thanks for sharing.

3. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    great pics and cute chicks!

4. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    They are so cute!

5. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    OHHHH they are cute. Not sure if its a EE or amer.

6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    First; AWWWW!! [​IMG]

Second; Your mystery chick is a Partridge rock [​IMG] Her penciling is coming in nicely. The one above it (who took a poo, lol!) is a strange one tho. Green/blueish legs and what appears to be a pea or rose comb...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by