My new chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ddrobinson, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ddrobinson

ddrobinson New Egg

Nov 15, 2014
    Here are my 8 new babies. I hatched them myself in borrowed incubator. First time hatching eggs and this is my first time owning chickens. My neighbors gave me some fertile eggs. I have quite a mixture of barnyard chicks. It will be fun to see what they grow into to, hoping most of them are hens.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kristi2chickens

Kristi2chickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2015
    Awwwww!!! They are very cute!!! Do you have a coop and all that good stuff???[​IMG] Have you done research??? Welcome to BYC!!! [​IMG] We are glad to have you!!![​IMG]

3. ddrobinson

ddrobinson New Egg

Nov 15, 2014
    I have a coop that was given to me, needs some refurbishing. I figure I have at least a month before they will leave the laundry room. So, far it's great fun.

4. Kristi2chickens

Mar 21, 2015
    Oh, good!!! I bet it's been lots of fun!!! Chicks are so much fun to watch and to play with!!! I hope everything is going smoothly!!! :D

5. ddrobinson

ddrobinson New Egg

Nov 15, 2014
    They seem happy. I added a roost just about half inch high, they are trying it out, trying to balance on it. I can already see some personalities emerging.

6. LopezChickens

LopezChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2015
    Hi I'm in Phoenix Arizona and my mother in law is going to Mexico to visit and I wanna get her some babies so when she comes back she'll have more chickens so is there any good places to go get chicks or good breeds for phoenix? ???? Need help plzzzz

7. Kristi2chickens

Mar 21, 2015
    Awwwww, cute!!! You should post some pictures of them trying it out!!! :D

8. Kristi2chickens

Mar 21, 2015
    You know, I'm really not sure... If you post a topic in this section (raising baby chicks) you should get some feedback. Good luck!!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  9. LopezChickens

LopezChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2015
    ok thank you and I'll wait hopefully someone can help

10. Kristi2chickens

Mar 21, 2015
    No probs!!! I hope so too. :) Once again good luck!!! I will stay updated with your topic once it's posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by