My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Buster, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

OK, not really, but you can imagine what it would look like when I'm done. [​IMG]

I went and bought the lumber today and unloaded it into the garage. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] great coop and i can see it now

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

How come your delivery guy didn't dump it in the snow like mine did?

Good luck, post continuing pics!

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:You had a DELIVERY GUY??? [​IMG]

Mine's in the garage because after having my buddy who is a department head at Home Depot load all that stuff onto my 1/2 ton Chevy with overload springs, I drove it home and unloaded it into my garage BY MYSELF in my truck's usual parking spot so it wouldn't get snowed on!

Where were you when I needed you Steve??? [​IMG]

5. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

so this is how you are gonna pass the time while you are ......waiting......for.....your.......eggs.

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I didn't post that to mock you in any way Steve. I'm actually green with envy. If I had had it delivered it would have saved me 3 hours of being in Home Depot with two small boys who were bored of being there after 30 minutes. [​IMG]

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Absolutely! I gotta do SOMETHING to make the next 13 days go by!

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    wow looks just like mine except mine is under the car port [​IMG] and has been for a week now [​IMG] maybe I will have time to start this week.... probably not though....

9. meezermom

meezermom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Roy WA
    [​IMG] That is great! My husband worked like a banshee to goet ours ready while our chix lived in the chicken tractor.
    We had torn down an outbuilding, so we had the materials, but then to figure out what we had enough for...[​IMG].....you can imagine....[​IMG]
    Make sure you show us the "finished product" [​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Well for right now I have enough space for all of the chickens I own. This coop is in preparation for some major expansion this year. I have about 8 dozen eggs from various BYC breeders coming the first week of March. This coop will make room for all of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by