1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new coop and our four Copper Black Maran chicks/almost hens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by adeledamate, Jun 21, 2008.

1. adeledamate

adeledamate Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm new to the website and raising chickens (as an adult,we had them as kids) and have to say that I have truly enjoyed reading the byc forum. I have only left a few comments or questions because of my crazy work schedule, but now that I'm off for the summer(I'm a Kindergarten teacher), I hope to be a more active member.

I just wanted to show off the coop my husband made for me. I showed him a picture and said, "I want something like that". I was so impressed with his building skills. He had only fixed things around the house before this. My chicks love it. We orginally built it for two but 4 of the six chicks we bought ended up being hens so we've kept them all. I can't wait for the eggs. I just love raising my chickens in my urban backyard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow nice looks like you are going to get eggs any day now !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by