My New Coop Condo

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by saboyd, Dec 21, 2008.

1. saboyd

saboyd Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    This has been a work in progress and my camera was down during most of the construction... [​IMG]

This is my first coop and I am a "newby" in the chicken business (April 2008).

My son and I built the upper portion of the coop first (it is 4 by 8). Then, we had the idea to close in the bottom and build a ramp that we can raise and lower to give access to the top and bottom.

Then... we added an 8 by 10 run (because we couldn't stop adding to the crew...) [​IMG] This is WAY more addictive than I ever dreamed. Someone should have warned me!

[​IMG]

This is the front image and if you look close enough, you can see the outside lights on each corner... We also have one outside light mounted on the back of the coop to light the run at night...you never know when you are going to have to go out and check on them...[​IMG]

Of course, right now we a few Christmas lights on the front...gotta keep the boys and girls happy! However, this will all come down after Christmas...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another look at the front...

[​IMG]

This is a look down the right side of the coop and run

[​IMG]

This is a look down the left side of the coop and run

[​IMG]

If I keep adding to this coop, I am going to be forced to go up on the price of the eggs! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a close up of my little chicken logo

[​IMG]

One more pic of the front without the Christmas decor

We have a great crew... 2 Silver Laced Wyndotts, 3 RIR, 3 Barred Rocks, 2 Buff Orpington's

We would have more, but we are out of room...However, we are keeping our eye on "Craigs List" for some additional building materials, we we can then add more to the family! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. countrygirl_247

countrygirl_247 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Very kool coop:thumbsup Now i'm going to have to start makin mine look good with perties:clap

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice coop, very festive.

4. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Your coop looks wonderful! Very festive & your chickens are pretty! Enjoy! [​IMG]

5. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That is very beautiful coop, Great job.

Omran

6. mama3chix

mama3chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats on your condo!! This site is so VERY addicting too, I'm on everyday,and I don't even OWN ANY CHICKENS YET !! [​IMG] (BF thinks I'm just a little strange)

7. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:Me too... except EVERYONE thinks I'm strange... [​IMG] wonder why

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by