My new coop...in progress *** NEW PICS on pg. 4

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by carinlynchin, Feb 28, 2009.

1. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I was under the impression I could have 4 chickens and maybe 2 geese (sebastopols in a coop 6x4', but I am starting to think I was wrong...if the sebs don't use it, at least i have a barn I can manage to use for them...I really was building this for the geese..not the chickens...

I wanted it 2 feet off the groung but I should have made it 2 feet off the lowest level of the ground but since I used the highest level, now on one side it's actually higher than 2 feet.

oh well...here is my progress so far....I started with a design and plans I made and slowly it dwindled into winging it... I still have the idea in my head but I am not going by measurements anymore...when I designed it, I didn't count the measurement of the lumber itself, so it threw off my measurements...oh well..its turning out okay for a first timer i think [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Looks great!!! And very solid.

Keep taking pics along the way so we can add it to the coop pages!

3. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    Sweet it looks good so far.

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice job so far, and nice views from the coop [​IMG]

5. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    I think it looks really well built and I love the window! Plus a nice weathered red barn always sets the heart a thumpin'. Great job!

6. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    That is awesome, I love the window! I'm sure you will have happy chickens and geese [​IMG]

7. carinlynchin

carinlynchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    [​IMG]
    it was an old window some friends of mine found in the garage..they told me not to spend so much money on it and just use what I've got on the property...which turns out to be a lot...all I have spent (after the returns) was on the frame lumber and the posts underneath...and weatherproof stuff for putting shingles (in my garage) on .

thanks for the compliments...I felt like I made a lot of mistakes but you all made me feel better

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG] I think you have done a great job. I think we all kind of feel that way when we build our first coop. Mine aren't off the ground but when I build my next one it will be. There are pictures of mine on my BYC Page. I am getting a lot of ideas from BYC.

9. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Looks good. The coop and the pups.[​IMG]

10. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Very cute and I love your dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by