So Ive been working about 10 hours a day getting this coop built! My husband graciously helped procure the wire and feed and other chicky items. All the materials were already on the property so i have no ida how much square footage I have used. The interior partition is made of 6 inch tongue and groove while the outside is made of rough cut 2x6. Im using 1 inch galvanised poultry wire and galvanized 16 framing nails as well as 8s and U staples. I found some nice hinges in one of the sheds too! I measured out 9 foot from the back wall to make the partition. the shed is 12 feet wide. I decided on a larger coop because our winters here drop quite into the negatives quite a bit, sometimes as low as 30c. I wanted my birds to have lots of space and plenty of ventilation on those cold days. There is a huge window that opens up to let air flow in, vents in the gables and a huge solid south facing window (pictured) to give them lots of light. My kids helped me build it and today will be finishing making bird boxes and roosts! I found some really heavy duty guage mesh in one of the sheds. I used it to cover the bottom to keep out predators. I also sunk 6 inches of chicken wire below the base of the shed and it rests on the grating. I dont think anything will be able to get through to my birds. We have hawks, bald eagles, osprey, coyotes and raccoons and a stray cat. Im taking no chances! Of something gets through the base, it deserves a chicken and I deserve the loss! I worked hard on security to keep animals out.