My new coop (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by plucky, Mar 30, 2008.

1. plucky

plucky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2008
    Arkansas
    Just completed our hen coop! After studying many MANY coop designs, I attempted to get the best of all worlds...mobility, durability, weatherability, and predator-proof(ability). [​IMG] We plan to let them range in a rotating poultry netting fence, then move the coop to a new area as needed...yet they hopefully have enough room in case we need ever need to keep them cooped. Enclosed area is insulated, hopefully helping not only with chilly winter nights, but sweltering summer days. My girls are now 5 weeks old, and I am eager to get them out if the weather will cooperate![​IMG]

IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm17/plucky17/coopandpigs012.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    That's really nice! Great job!

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Nice.

So there is hardware cloth on the floor too? Good idea for predators!

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    im too busy drooling over your barn.

5. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Nice job! How many chickens do you have? Where are you located? Chickens will love their new home.

6. plucky

plucky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2008
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the nice feedback! We're in northern Arkansas...I have 14 girls - 5 Buff Orpingtons, 5 Barred Rocks, 2 RR Reds, and 2 Easter Eggers. [​IMG]

This forum is a GOLD MINE for good info, with lots of cool chicken people!

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Nice! The more I see all these nice smaller/portable coops the more I wish I didn't build the big one that I did!!

Good job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by