My new Coop/Run is almost complete

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BuffsareBad, May 17, 2011.

1. BuffsareBad

BuffsareBad Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Here are a few pics of the small coop/run I put together for our 5 birds. The run was easy, its a 10x10x6 dog run with wood blocking the gaps in the entrance door. 2 ft of welded wire along the outside as an apron and staked down. I have chicken wire enclosing the top of the run. I still need to add poultry netting up 2 or 3 feet around the fencing. Next week hopefully! The coop is 5Lx3ftWx3.5H. I made it from scrap decking materials and had to purchase 2x4s, 2 sheets of plywood, and the hardware. We shingled the roof with left overs from our house. I never really built anything before so I thought I would ask for your opinions. It was really a lot of fun to do. I made some mistakes and if was starting over it would look a little different but all in all I’m happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. BlueBetween

BlueBetween Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Near Seattle
    very cute, and I like how you have two big doors for cleaning it out. Will you cover the back windows in the winter?

3. BuffsareBad

BuffsareBad Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks, the 2 big doors work great! I plan on adding plexiglass this winter to cover the windows. I will probbaly leave a gap at the top for ventilation.

4. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Great idea on how to close off the gaps in the door to the run!

5. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    I love it! I also like the two doors, that's pretty handy when cleaning it out, I'll bet. Looks pretty comfy inside too. Very nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by