1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. sheldon farms

sheldon farms Just Hatched

Mar 19, 2017
    central texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am pretty excited about the coop and run that my husband built. We still need to cut some strips of metal to sink around the perimeter to keep burrowing animal out. My dad will probably have a heart attack when he sees that we used the "good wood" that he gave us to build a coop! But, hey, it is right next to the house, so I wanted it to look good. Until the coop was finished, I was letting the chicken out during the day in a 4x10 ft chicken tractor that I built out of PVC and chicken wire and put them in the garage at night. I thought they would be safe since it was daylight and next to the house, but something lifted it up and killed four of my eight chickens. Luckily, my husband got home before me and cleaned up the mess. The coop and run are completely enclosed in hardware cloth, so I hope we don't have any repeat attacks.

2. Lucyluvchickens

Lucyluvchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2017
    Dripping Springs, Texas
    Look in' good! [​IMG]

3. BD17

BD17 New Egg

Mar 28, 2017
    That looks great! Sorry to hear about the 4 chicks that died.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by