1. rnorris1234

rnorris1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Fort Payne, AL
    Hey everyone, I'm new to BYC, and new to keeping chickens. This is a pic of the coop I built for the back yard. It is 6'x8' and has wheels so I can move it around the yard. I have 3 blue laced red wyandottes, 3 blue/splash cochins, and 3 barred rocks.

[​IMG]

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] Good job [​IMG] To be a full member of BYC now you must come build one at my house [​IMG]

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    wow!! what talent!!! wonder if your chickens are gonna have cooool [​IMG] looking eggs!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG]

And [​IMG] for that coop!!!! Excellent work! It's adorable!

I'm fighting coop envy...

5. goochgirl

goochgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    OMG!! That is so stinkin' cute! My parents had the same cabinet doors in their kitchen [​IMG]

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Super-cute! I detect you're an artist at heart. Great job!

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] How cute is that? Wonderful job!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] That is really some chicken house you have there!!!

8. chickychicks

chickychicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I love it! Do you have more pictures of it (closer up) and on the inside? We are going to build our housing for our girls over the next few weeks and want something "with character".

9. babykitty

babykitty New Egg

Jun 10, 2010
    Wow! That's super cute!

10. rnorris1234

rnorris1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Fort Payne, AL
    Thanks everyone. This is a closer picture. As you can see it is a collection of recycled and left overs --by design. I did have to buy the chicken wire and the roofing, but most everything else was repurposed and recycled. I'm already making plans for my next coop. It was painted for my 2 little girls-- 5 and 2 years. They are really excited about the little chicks.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by