My new coop!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PoultryPam, Jul 17, 2010.

1. PoultryPam

PoultryPam Out Of The Brooder

Dear bf worked on this for 2 weeks in 90+ degree weather!! He's the best!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Cool! [​IMG]

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

that is completely awesome and very cute. BF did a terrific job!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. KatieV

KatieV Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    That is awesome! [​IMG] He did a really good job - the design is great! [​IMG]

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Very pretty coop! I would put some wire down on the ground around the outside though, to prevent any predator from digging into it. I used metal tent stakes to anchor the wire around mine...I live in the woods with LOTS of chicken eating critters around, so my run is like Fort Knox! Some people bury the wire about 1-2 feet, but it is waaay to rocky where we live to do that. Not to mention I am too lazy to do that much digging![​IMG]

6. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    That looks awesome! Congrats!!! [​IMG]

7. PoultryPam

PoultryPam Out Of The Brooder

We'll add more wire around the bottom later, I may trim back some limbs and try to kill some poison oak and move the whole coop back in the edge of the woods a few feet so they can have a little shade. BF is already planning another coop but I told him he needs to wait till its not so dang hot!!! He's gotten into the hatching thing now and I have a feeling we are soon gonna be over-run with babies. LOL

8. helloroe

helloroe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    Cetral FL
    Great job.

9. JustOneMore

JustOneMore Chillin' With My Peeps

What a great set-up! You have some lucky chooks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by