My new coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by xtapa, Jul 31, 2010.

1. xtapa

xtapa New Egg

Apr 28, 2010
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Here's my chickens dream home.!!!!! My granddaughter, Rachael, helped me come up with the perfect Mary Engelbreit house; bright and colorful. 6 chickens and $600 dollars later we are done. (chain line yard is yet to be installed.) The colors were taken from the flowers in the curtains. I used Laura Ashley paints. The green is Apple 5, gold is Cowslip 6 and the yellow is Cowslip 4. My husband sure loves me. I know that he rolled his eyes when I first picked out the curtains and colors. In the end, he was having as much fun as me. The chickens are just three weeks old, so they haven't seen their new home. We are having a family reunion on the 7th of August and granddaughters, Rachael, Anni and Isabelle will have a playhouse and sleeping quarter's to inaugurate. The granddaughters will be doing the inside decorating, painting flowers on the walls. The final touch will be a painted rooster weather vane coming from Fargo, North Dakota.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/fisher/Davesstuff/Judys Chickens/IMG_0006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/fisher/Davesstuff/Judys Chickens/IMG_0007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/fisher/Davesstuff/Judys Chickens/IMG_0008.jpg

Judy

2. BoerneChickens

BoerneChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    I love it!!! You did a great job!

3. saginawmom

saginawmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    Saginaw, TX
    Cute!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Gorgeous - tell the chickies that they HAVE to poop outside, I don't want them messing up that coop. PS when you get tired of the coop, you an bring it here, it would look great in my backyard.

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG - that is SOOOO cute! I love the bright colors - very cheery. [​IMG] Must get pictures of the inside when the little artists are through and the weather vain gets put up!

6. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I'm sorry, but you should have to do it over. That's MUCH too pretty to be a chicken coop.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  7. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]
    That is one of the nicest looking coop's I've ever seen! I love the yellow [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    The heck with the chickens, I'm moving in!

First time in my life I have ever seen curtains in a chicken coop!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  9. cindy99

cindy99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Tioga County PA
    Beautiful!! [​IMG] I love the colors!

10. Bridget399

Bridget399 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    South Western PA
    It's beautiful! I bet the inside will be just as bright and cheery when the grandkids are done with it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by