My new coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bammy, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Bammy

Bammy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    Snow Shoe, PA.
    I started this coop with a plan I found on the internet, checked out the supply list, set a budget and my family started building. The guys wanted more supports underneath, more framing, insulated windows, door, and walls. This required paneling to cover. With all this, I decided what's wrong with 14 x 14 instead of 12 x 12? A porch was necessary to make easier access with feed bags, pine shavings etc. We added 9 Lowes nesting buckets in a framework (idea from BYC) and I have a separate area for supplies. The chickens have 2 access doors to their run area and 4 large slider windows for their viewing pleasure. The brown soffit and brown window trim needs finished yet. I am happy and so are the chickens which include Speckled Sussex, Partridge Rocks, Gold, Silver, BLR and Columbian Wyandottes, 2 Partridge Cochins and some EE's. As you probably guessed, the budget went out the window so to speak![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:WOW, gorgeous!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Any chance we can get a peek at the inside?! [​IMG]

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice job!!!!!! yeah can we get a look inside! like what she said!! [​IMG]:pop:love

4. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    WOWZaaaa! Its beautiful!! Your chicks AND neighbors will appreciate all that time and effort. [​IMG]

5. saylernsaxonsmom

saylernsaxonsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Petersburg
    I love the details you added...nice touch with the blue chair! Would also like to see an inside shot. [​IMG]

6. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    [​IMG] WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE THE PORCH!!!!! LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WOULD LOVE T SEE THE INSIDE!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Looks great! The area behind for the run looks huge, and with that pretty oak tree too. I'd love to see the inside also.

8. Bammy

Bammy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2010
    Snow Shoe, PA.
    Thank you for your kind words! Here are some pics of inside. I have a temporary "gate" to keeps birds [​IMG]from storage area. Just as soon as my DH gets back from his fishing trip, we plan on making a self locking wire one.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    That is fantastic- I love all the windows and light in there, and the chair and flowers are great!

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    wow!! nice and roomy!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by