1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here are some pics of my new coop. It was finished about 1 month ago, but I kept forgetting to take pictures. Well, the little door you see, that is on a pulley, so when I pull it, the door goes up and I clip the rope to the side by the enterance. The chicken door goes out into a pen in the back. It has about a 5 foot fence, so they cant jump over it.

The windows are open in the summer, and there is chicken wire over the windows so nothing can get in.

So, do you like it? [​IMG]

2. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I love it! [​IMG] I bet the chickens do too

3. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    That is a very nice building. I love the colors too [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

Thanks. I wanted it to look like a mini-barn. lol.

I also forgot to say, I used exterior floor paint, like for outside decks. That paint drys really nice and thick, so water cant get onto the wood.

5. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    Chelsea - it's so nice - congratulations! It's similar to my little barn but much nicer.

I think I need to change my pop door to a slider like yours. It would sure make my life easier. Can you explain a little how the construction of it goes? [​IMG]

btw - Hansel and Gretel are fully grown now. I picked up Hansel last night and I'm guessing he weighs about 20 lbs (at least). I have a little dog that weighs 14 pounds and he's much heavier. They are both beautiful and sweet!

Phyllis

6. SundownWaterfowl

I took little hooks and attached the sliding door to the rope, then I took little like eyelit things and ran the rope from the roof to the door. Then I tied a knot around a little hook, and attatched that to an o-ring next to the door.

7. dogzrule5

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    um...how do you make the spacer so the door will slide?

8. SundownWaterfowl

umm...I think I took the wood, and nailed it through the sides of the door. Ill check tomorrow and let you know. I sort of forgot already. lol

9. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very nice coop, I really like the chicken door design.

10. dogzrule5

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    Quote:oh - another goof ball like me! OK - I can probably figure it out but would appreciate any helpful tips! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by