My new coop

Kiasmama

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 16, 2013
It's not perfect, made a few mistakes along the way, but it's mine and I built it!!!
yesss.gif
Definitely would do a few things differently the next time but for the first time building anything like this and doing it totally alone....I did OK. Now I just need some chickens!

Put the 2x4s end on end...should of had one side inside, this gave me 4 extra inches that I didn't count on.

Darn angles get me every time

Frame up, moving right along

Stray roosters, yes stray, patiently waiting for the girls to come to town.
Nest boxes used to be an old corner cabinet that was in the laundry room

sides going on

The boys checking the place out.

The back of the coop...faces the road and is away from the dog run with is now a chicken run. 12 ft wide x 36ft long. 6.5 foot hight.

That extra 4 inches in the beginning is rearing it's head here as you can see the door is off center. I didn't account for the difference when putting up the studs. Can't really see but the floor is vinyl I got from Ollies.

No, I didn't like the Partridge Family, lol. Just didn't have enough of one color to paint the inside. I have an inside wall because I put insulation in. I don't know why, I just did, but didn't put any in the roof. We'll see how it goes this winter.

They have two perches on the side and one across the length of the coop

The run for the girls. Since the stray roosters enjoyed the jungle gym so much I thought I would make one for the girls.

Back
Top Bottom