1. Kiasmama

Kiasmama Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    It's not perfect, made a few mistakes along the way, but it's mine and I built it!!! [​IMG] Definitely would do a few things differently the next time but for the first time building anything like this and doing it totally alone....I did OK. Now I just need some chickens!

[​IMG] Put the 2x4s end on end...should of had one side inside, this gave me 4 extra inches that I didn't count on.

[​IMG] Darn angles get me every time

[​IMG]Frame up, moving right along

[​IMG] Stray roosters, yes stray, patiently waiting for the girls to come to town.
    [​IMG] Nest boxes used to be an old corner cabinet that was in the laundry room

[​IMG] sides going on

[​IMG] The boys checking the place out.

[​IMG] The back of the coop...faces the road and is away from the dog run with is now a chicken run. 12 ft wide x 36ft long. 6.5 foot hight.

[​IMG] That extra 4 inches in the beginning is rearing it's head here as you can see the door is off center. I didn't account for the difference when putting up the studs. Can't really see but the floor is vinyl I got from Ollies.

[​IMG] No, I didn't like the Partridge Family, lol. Just didn't have enough of one color to paint the inside. I have an inside wall because I put insulation in. I don't know why, I just did, but didn't put any in the roof. We'll see how it goes this winter.

[​IMG] They have two perches on the side and one across the length of the coop

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The run for the girls. Since the stray roosters enjoyed the jungle gym so much I thought I would make one for the girls.

[​IMG]

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Looks like they'll have fun with the branches, thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by