1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.
  1. Duckie48

Duckie48 Chirping

Jul 18, 2014
    Lockyer Valley SE Qld
    Hi all,
    Here are some pics of my new coup. I have 23 Hens, 1 Rooster and 2 Guinea Keets in with no problems.
    The coup is 3m x 3m and high enough to let my OH stand up in. He is 6'5'' tall.
    The nesting boxes are made locally at Withcott just at the bottom of the Toowoomba Range (Qld for those who don't know)

[​IMG]
    Front side. We have painted the side iron to make it look better, I just have to paint the inside now.

[​IMG]
    The entry with an aluminium door.

[​IMG]
    Same type of branch for a roost at the front.

[​IMG]
    Back wall with a tree branch supported with a shelf bracket.

[​IMG]
    I have a chook there in a cat box with one chicken.

I have to get the OH to make another ladder. I might even try to get a used pool ladder if I can find one that someone wants to get rid of.
    The iron sides as you may see is preloved materials.
    The timber frame and the roofing iron is new. So too the nesting box frame and the wire.
    I already had the aluminium box for the door frame. It has the interlocking plastic corners and T bits. Very strong and long lasting. Just fits in the 1' aluminium box.
    I have coarse river sand on a hard packed clay floor.

[​IMG]
    The floor frame is Bitumen paint to waterproof it then painted with Heritage Green pain.

[​IMG]
    Showing the nesting boxes stand.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Wow! I love it! Especially those nests!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: