My new Delawares!(Named!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Gerbil, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    There are 7 of them, they are 6 weeks old and the sweetest little birds. All they need are names! It looks like there are 3 roosters and 4 hens, but I could be wrong. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of my favorites is a little escapee hen, she is so sweet! she just comes up to me and wants to be picked up.(she is the chick in the front left you can see her completely)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    It's awesome how they eat from your hand like that!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have a Delaware pullet, now, named Delilah. She's SO sweet. And getting big! 9 weeks old..... I had a heck of a time naming her, too.

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty chicklets!

5. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Yay!!!! Another Delaware lover! Have you checked out the Delaware thread under Breeds, Genetics, etc?
    Where did you get yours? Most of the people I know with Delawares, including myself, will tell you they are personable, and LIKE to hang out with you. Several of us have snuggly lap Delawares-
    Good luck with names- mine are named after sisters in literature.

6. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    i have 2 delawares and they are friendly 1 named snowball 1 named snow white

7. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Here Is another pic! This Is one of the roosters. The chicks come from S and B rare breeds farm in Piedmont and they are from a line with a name which I don't remember [​IMG] .
    [​IMG]
    They are cuddly beyond words. [​IMG]

8. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I can see the famous Delaware mind control taking effect in that picture- look out, they will get you hook, line and sinker. [​IMG]
    If possible, can you find out the name of the line? Lots of us on the Dellie thread are interested in outcross lines to what we have.

9. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Yes, I will email and ask for the name. I love Delawares.....[​IMG]

10. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

I have one Delaware hen. She is getting really big now and will be laying early fall! Oh, so soon! Well, her name is Cleopatra because we named her when she was just a chick and when they are chicks the hens have little black lines by their eyes that look like mascara... We call her Chloe for short [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by