1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Duck House *NewPics-Page2*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Daycare Mom, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Well DH-aka-Big Russ finally gave in over the weekend and we are now building a duck house to go along with our chicken coops! I tried the ducks in with the chickens and all I have to say is YUCK. So our new ducks will have their very own house! It is 4' by 8' and about 6' tall in the peak.
    This is the floor, the bottom boards are cut at an angle so it will move a little easier.
    [​IMG]
    Side walls...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully tomorrow night we will get the plywood up and cut out some doors and windows!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    wowzers! awesome! now you have to come over for some yummy treats, so we can celebrate your duck house!!! [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    [​IMG]

It's coming together great What breed of ducks?

4. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I think I am going to go with runners and calls. I really want white call ducks, but I am having a hard time finding them.

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm, you mean you don't have the ducks yet to go in the house? That seems to be a new theory. Don't let DH read this- ha ha! [​IMG]
    Its looking like a nice house, great job!!

6. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I love the fact that you are building a duck house in front of a fifth wheel that has a duck and "Mallard" written on it.

7. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Woo! You've done more than i have on my duck house LOL that sits out by the chicken house with just its roof, front wall, and basic framing in for the other walls. Can't wait to get back to working on it this march break in anticipation for getting our buff ducks in May.

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    It's looking great! ARe you going to have a "body of water" for them? I've wanted ducks for a long time ;-).

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Lookin good! [​IMG]

10. Demeter

Demeter Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2009
    How many ducks will be living there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by