My New Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DucksForever, Jun 14, 2019.

1. DucksForever

DucksForever Chirping

May 31, 2019
    Hi Everyone, I just got these 2 New Hens to add to my Flock are they Hens the Breeder said they was Muscovy is the Mom Mallard is the Dad. They are 3-4 months old, They Quack and Coo. So are Hens? A Lot of people said 1 Hen wasn't enough for my Drake so got to extra Hens so no over breeding 20190614_085638.jpg 20190614_085638.jpg

2. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    I don't know what they are cause I don't do muscovy but @Miss Lydia does. They sure are beautiful birds though!

DucksForever likes this.
  3. DucksForever

DucksForever Chirping

May 31, 2019
    Thank you @DuckyDonna just making sure they was Hens

4. DucksForever

DucksForever Chirping

May 31, 2019
    Also what colors are my Hens??

5. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    Pretty but lets see what @Miss Lydia says!

DucksForever likes this.
  6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

If they quack and coo most likely females and gorgeous. Lovely colors just don’t have a name for it.

DucksForever and DuckyDonna like this.
  7. DucksForever

DucksForever Chirping

May 31, 2019
    Yes @Miss Lydia they both quack and coo but there Mom was a Muscovy and there Dad was a Mallard so they make both noses. Do you think they are Mixed? The breeder said they was cross and also on my Drake Prince Ben he was breeding them but kinda of fussing with them and they are Fussing with Princess Rey also the new Hens is that Normal? Like in Chickens will they be like for awhile before getting to know each other pecking order?

Miss Lydia likes this.
  8. Miss Lydia

Yes usually it’s best to keep them close but separate and give them time to get to know each other. You’ll just have to watch and see how it goes. I hope they are mature enough for mating at only 4 months old. If their mama is a Muscovy and their dad a Mallard then yes they are a mix of both breeds.

9. DucksForever

DucksForever Chirping

May 31, 2019
    Okay @Miss Lydia they was with their brother at this age but I checked on them tonight and they was all sleeping together

DuckyDonna and Miss Lydia like this.
  10. Miss Lydia

There ya go a flock already!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: