My new ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stillmecle, Nov 3, 2011.

1. stillmecle

stillmecle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    These are the three new ducks I brought home yesterday. They told me one is a Cuyaga and the other two are Blue Swedens. They said that the Blues get little pom poms on the top of their heads but all I see is a little tuft of hair on one of the Blues head. I think they are all girls. I vented the Cuyaga and the Blue with the white head. I need to check the other one tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My husband says I can only keep 3. But I want them ALL!!!

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Yes, you have those breeds, but only the one on top will/has the pom pom AKA crest. Why did you get these three if you can only keep three since now you have six?

3. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    Its a long story but to make it short, the lady that had them said they were going to butcher house if nobody took them. So I took them. I will probably keep all, I can usually talk hubby into it. LOL They need some weight put on them big time and need some loving as they are scared to death of people.

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    oh, I see, that makes more sence... Lol! My limit is 12 ducks my mom said... Lol. Let hope you can keep them all. Do you know what sexes they are?

5. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    I also have 5 baby duck eggs ready to hatch on Saturday! And 14 eggs ready to go back in shortly after they are hatched.

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Cool! Are you gonna keep them too? What breeds?

7. stillmecle

Aug 26, 2011
    Des Moines, IA
    They are a mix of Roeon and Buff Oprington. I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet probably sale them though through craigslist. I want to find a really nice drake. I don't like the Roeon drake that I have. He was my daughters and the other two she had got killed by foxes so I took the Drake but he's not what I really want. I am hoping maybe I find the one I like out off the baby batches that I have incubating.

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I have a rouen drake, he is a bit of a jerk, but I keep him to fertilize my eggs. Well, my rouen hens eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by