MY NEW FIRST TIME CHICKEN COOP!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by scott37, Jan 15, 2014.

1. scott37

scott37 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2013
    cherry valley California
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just wanted to share pics of my new coop. I don't know if this is the right thread but here they are. I used the plans from Purina mills website.You have to figure some of the measurements yourself though. I changed some of it to be more cost effective. It costed more than I thought it would cause of the crazy lumber prices here in California (about 350.00) didn't take pictures step by step but wish I did. I still have to build the chicken run but almost there. The wife wanted me to paint it blue. She wants me to name it henny penny's house from chicken little. Idk. Lol I got 3 black and white silkies from a good friend. Thanks for my girls Debbie! I had to make some temporary changes for now cause of lack of funds for the water and feed containers. But I think it will work. Anyways here they are and I would like some feedback if possible. Hope you like the pictures.... oh and that's my granddaughter in the pic... My little princess....

1 person likes this.
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i love the color !!!!!

3. scott37

scott37 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2013
    cherry valley California
    Thank you but I can't take the credit for it though.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i think its a nice coop. should last a long time. you cant buy quality like that for 350. i do wonder how high are the egg boxes? probably just your beautiful grandbaby making it seem like its really high in the air? a coop like that would cost 1500 dollars if you had to buy it i bet.

5. SunsetMeadow

SunsetMeadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2014
    The color is very nice, and it looks very durable as well [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

You did a great job!!! [​IMG] I too, love the color! Your grand daughter is a sweetie too. Enjoy raising chickens!

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your avatar [​IMG] awesome

8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I don't know what your goals were with the roosting and nests, but your birds will be sleeping in those nest boxes and pooping there all the time unless you move them lower than the roosting bars. And the roosting bars are a little on the slim side....you might want to go up to a thicker dowel rod on those for comfort and balance of the birds.

Other than that..it's a very cute coop! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by