1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My new flock is here - pics!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shopchicks, May 21, 2010.

1. shopchicks

shopchicks Songster

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    I ended up getting 11 week old pullets from a gal down the road since the hatchery couldn't be bothered to send the chicks I ordered way back in February.

The white one in front is a Delaware named Jodie Foster (The Brave One)
    [​IMG]

This Salmon Faverolle is my favorite so far. I named her Diane Keaton.
    [​IMG]

The one on the left is one of the easter eggers, and the one on the right is a Welsummer. I think I am going to name the EEs Beezus and Ramona
    [​IMG]

This the the BA, Petunia, with one of the EEs.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010

2. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    feathering is comming in nice...

3. FeatherMommy

FeatherMommy Chirping

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    very beautiful flock. I love how some of them have that hawk like look to them.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Very good looking birds FeatherMommy!!! [​IMG]

5. ParlorCityChickens

ParlorCityChickens Songster

May 14, 2010
    [​IMG] Beautiful...they look healthy and happy and with plenty of attitude![​IMG]

6. shopchicks

shopchicks Songster

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    If by attitude, you mean "poop" you would be correct. [​IMG] I don't have the run up yet, so they are cooped up for this week and I can see that it's going to get funky. [​IMG]

They learned to use their lower beginner roost overnight, and have been sampling the treats I've given them (grapes, strawberry tops, banana and plain yogurt), but don't seem to think that lettuce or arugula are food. They are pigs with the Flock Raiser, though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by