1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Flowers in my front flower bed are gorgeous!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Jun 5, 2011.

1. yup, my new flowers got planted over the weekend. yes indeed. It was a perfect day! sunshine, 80 degrees, no humidity. PERFECT day to plant. If fact it was so nice, it almost seemed like they 'planted' themselves! these are my new flowers in my front of my house flower bed. arent they cool? I had a few people stop by and ask me WHAT kind of flowers they were exactly. No two were alike, and they were so different to look at. They moved in the slightest wind too..... Here's a picture of the overall bed with them planted.

[​IMG]

See how they just blend into the foundation?

[​IMG]
    Here's a closer up picture.

[​IMG]
    It is really easy to tell the sexes of these plants.

[​IMG]
    Here the 'flower' is starting to bloom. Notice how the petals are starting to unfold????? lol

Oh how I love my girls. They have this part of my flower bed as long as they want.... [​IMG]

2. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    LOL! [​IMG] My flowers just won't grow [​IMG] Love it! Bird and the crew are all so cute:)

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Oh, That's too funny. [​IMG]

Imp- took me to the second picture to see what was going on.

4. SeasideSilkies

SeasideSilkies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    When I saw the first picture I thought the chickens were rocks... they do blend in nicely! [​IMG]
    so cute!!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Amazing!

There is a town in Utah named Mantua because it's founder was born and raised in Mantua, OH.

6. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Awe how very pretty! Those are the best looking flowers I have EVER seen! Very nice! [​IMG]

7. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    How cute they are all in a row!

8. uh, Imp.... come on now... with your sharp eyes???? but ya know, you are right, they do blend in pretty good.

Mahonri, I think they named it Mantua because most of us here in Mantua would love to be there right now!!!! lol

So do you think I will need to water them much? I know they eat like pigs instead of like 'flowers' I would just love to hit them with the hose lightly..... [​IMG]

9. mrs918

mrs918 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    spokane,wa
    Quote:So did I.....great pics!

10. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Too funny how they all think alike- "time to dust bathe...lets all go over here." Tx for sharing [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by