My new friend - baby parrot/bird formula :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ZooMummzy, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    After posting on another thread about my Serama chick I'm hand feeding who would pick the hard boiled eggs out of the food mixture, it was suggested I get some baby parrot formula. I got a can of it at Petco, sprinkled it on my yogurt, starter, egg mixture and she hasn't stopped eating yet! She loves this stuff. She is eating every single thing! I cannot recommend this enough to those who have to hand feed their birds or have picky babies like this one. I think this little one is going to make it now and it has made meal time a lot less stressful!

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Well she won't be pitiful for long then! Glad to hear she is doing well! And good to know about the formula. It would be an easy thing to keep around since it comes in a can, too.

3. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Lol she does look quiet pitiful still but we are on the upturn I think. I bought the 1lb can of it for $13.99. It's good till next December. I figure worse case if I need to use it up by then, I'll sprinkle it on everyone's food. I'm sure it can't hurt anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by