my new fuzzy buts are here! lots of pics.

Quote:
wee.gif
YAY!

Well I have looked them over and over and counted and counted and looked up the baby chick pics on the internet and still was not sure so I called Ideal and got the info I needed. The black chicks are the male box filler chicks and the multi colored chicks are the EE's and can be identified by the fluffy cheeks. The little yellow one is my Blue Red Cubalaya they had put two in the order as a precaution and good thing bc the other one was the one that arrived dead. My lil BR cubalaya is already being aggresive to the other roo's. He is perked up and just fine now. I am very happy with Ideal poultry I have all the chicks I ordered alive and well plus 14 extra roo's to butcher later. They are my new favorite hatchery!

I am so happy!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

Oh wow - you got twice what you ordered?? What will you do with the extras?? I'd have been in shock if it happened to me -- imagine -- live peanut packing!
lol.png

Quote:
Newbie here.

What are "box filler" chicks? Do some hatcheries just put extras in to make a full box? Or did you need to satisfy a minimum order size and that's what they sent you?

Thanks!

-DB

Quote:
Newbie here.

What are "box filler" chicks? Do some hatcheries just put extras in to make a full box? Or did you need to satisfy a minimum order size and that's what they sent you?

Thanks!

-DB

From Ideal Poultry:

"What does MALES FOR WARMTH mean?
It means that male chickens will be included with your order to provide warmth and comfort for the shipping of your poultry. We include males for warmth on any order that we feel needs the extra mass for shipping. You may purchase insurance if you do not want to have the males included with your order. If you choose this option, you will need to verify the order when it arrives at your post office and if needed, file the appropriate postal insurance form."

Back
Top Bottom