My new fuzzy butts...New pics pg. 3

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shelleyb1969, Jan 11, 2009.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

2 BLRW and 1 Welsummer from Vicki2x2, hatched 1/7:
    [​IMG]

Checking out the new guy...a black mottled bantam cochin, hatched 1/10:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little cochin chick is only 3 days younger than the other guys! How teeny tiny, but so adorable! [​IMG]

I only had 4 eggs from Vicki in the hatcher, so 3 out of 4 is great IMO. And I only had 2 bantam cochin eggs in the hatcher...those eggs were in the priority mail system for 11 days!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I just love baby chicks!!!!!!!!!!!! Very very very cute!

3. shelleyb1969

Today's the BLRW and Welsummer's birthdays, so here's a few pics of them at 1 week old!
    [​IMG]

This little BLRW is named "Special Ed", or just Ed for short. He has a disorder/deformity that I believe to be wry neck. He's unable to hold his head up in a normal position or keep his eyelid open on his left eye. I struggled with the idea of putting him down, but he's never suffered and has been a true fighter since hatch. He eats and drinks on his own, as well as keeps himself groomed. Other than his appearance, he's completely normal. In this pic, he's taking a snooze after a very eventful morning.
    [​IMG]

And this is MC2, a black mottled bantam cochin. Absolutely the tiniest little chick I've ever seen. I put her in the brooder with the big guys (blrw and welsummer) today, and everyone's getting along wonderfully. So this little one won't be growing up alone.
    [​IMG]

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Cute chicks, especially the black mottled bantam cochin.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    so way cute! tell LCLM i like his peeps! [​IMG]

7. shelleyb1969

Here's a pic of the egg this little cochin hatched from (I used the eyeglasses as a size comparison):
    [​IMG]

And in this position is EXACTLY how I found it in the bator...almost put itself back together!

8. AmazonDragon

AmazonDragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2008
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Babies are so adorable!!!

9. MrsShag

MrsShag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    awwww soooooooo sweet!

10. shelleyb1969

Wellie (Welsummer), Cocoa (BLRW), and Ed (BLRW) are 10 days old today. And DJ (Mottled Cochin) is 1 week old today. Here's some new pics of them. They're all growing up so fast!

The whole gang:
    [​IMG]

Can you believe this is Ed?! [​IMG] He's been showing REMARKABLE improvement over the past few days. He's walking with his head/neck upright and is trying to open his eye. [​IMG] I'm hoping that by continuing with the vitamin/mineral supplement he will eventually be completely normal. [​IMG] I see such an improvement in him every day.:
    [​IMG]

Cocoa and DJ:
    [​IMG]

Wellie, the friendliest one of them all:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by