My new geese! Pics!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by mahsmaj, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Last week I found a man near me with a pair of embden geese for sale. I contacted him about the geese, but he said it was too late. He said he was taking them to Jacob's Cave Animal Auctions here in Missouri last Friday. He e-mailed me on Saturday, telling me that he ended up not taking the geese to the auction because it was just too hot, and that I should get ahold of him if I was still interested in the geese. I immediatly called him when I got his e-mail. I got no answer. I tried again on Sunday; still no answer. At this point, I was sure I would never get this pair of geese. Then today, Monday, I tried calling again; still no answer. 10 minutes later he called me back! We agreed that I would be there to pick them up by 11 o'clock this morning. I was there right away! I picked up the geese and brought them home. They are just in a VERY temporary pen right now! They are both 3 years old and a proven breeding pair. They aren't the friendliest things, but they aren't mean either. They are a little skiddish. They also look a little rough. The man I bought them from had them in a tiny pen and their wings are clipped. Anyway, here are some pictures!! (sorry about the picture quality - I took these with my cell phone.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Female:
    [​IMG]

The Male:
    [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Nice pictures! I'm glad you finally got ahold of the seller - looks like a lovely pair of geese.

3. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    very pretty! they seem to have ice blue eyes! my pair of embdens have dark blue eyes

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'm sure with some TLC they will be gerogeous in no time. I love my Emden gander

5. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    How very pretty. Good luck with them.

6. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Hey, that is great you could get them! They sure are nice. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by