My new girlies are here!! *PICTURES*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ok - So ive been waiting about a month and a half to get my chocolate pied scovie hens from a rescue up in carolina or california - forget which just know its in a C state. ANYWHO!!!

The trip kept getting delayed by wheather or something happening over there - But now it is set in stone that they are going to arrive tommorrow morning!!!! [​IMG] I cant explain just how excited I am to be adopting these guys!!!!

Here are the pictures the person sent me from last night, thjey are ready to go! Now- I will have he quarintined even though he/she had them vet checked because the carnucles look really light to me. But look at these chunky monsters!!

And as a side note - My drake Goonie finally got his feet off the ground yesterday, lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

YIPEE!! They're real beautys. Nothing better than a rescue critter!!![​IMG]

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Awesome! I'm rescuing 10 Muscovie ducklings that nobbody wants too! Well...they wanted to butcher all of them, but offered them to me instead! I think they're cute!

4. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Aww! I was going to get a mama and her ducklings but didnt have room for all of them, so then I asked about one hen they had that had one duckling - but it was a drake. OS i just got two hens instead. I have to set up some way to quarintine them though. I'm thinking of moving one of my big rabbit hutches into the barn and have them their at night, then I have a smaller run in my main pen that I could put them in during the day - but im wondering if that will be enough...

5. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Here they are! I have them set up so that my other ducks can see them. No one else really cared except for Pigeon and Goonie - my other scovies.

They dont have names yet but my mom is working on that [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Ooooh, I can tell already that they are going to be ROTTEN! Beautiful!!!!

7. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    what was the rescues name i got some from A rescue in Indian Trails NC they were very nice!

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    it was somewhere in California. Its more of a rehabilitation place i believe. The guy who brought them was telling me that they round up the scovies that are in villages where they dont belong and then rehomes them.

9. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:that would be a rewarding job

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by