My new guineas.. =)

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by featherz, Jul 12, 2010.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Just hatched out 15 guineas! (only 14 shown in pic, the other one still in the incubator).. I had 28 eggs so not a perfect hatch, but it's my first try so I am happy. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are crazy little birds! I am planning to put 5 day old chicks in with these day old keets tomorrow in the hopes they will tolerate each other when bigger. Think they'll kill each other at that age? [​IMG]

Make that 21 guineas!!

[​IMG]

That's my nipple waterer in there and yes, the thermometer says 80 because I tossed it in there just before I took the pic..

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  2. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    They are insane little creatures! But very cute.

Go ahead and put the chicks in. The woman I got my keets from says she always puts a few chicks in with the keets because it helps calm them down.

3. trimpy

trimpy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    Grafton, WV
    Quote:I'll have to try that next year... mine were nuts and would freak out about EVERYTHING. It wasn't until they got bolder and would snatch food from my hand did they get less twitchy.

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I put my cute little day old chicks in and one lavender guinea keeps attacking their toes. grr![​IMG] Don;t they realize the chicks are twice their size? hahahaha..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by