my new homemade incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by weezzell5400, Nov 14, 2010.

1. weezzell5400

weezzell5400 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2010
    seneca
    this is my home made incubator that i just made. it measures L 27'' X W 20'' X H 15'' have not tested it yet still need a thermometer and humidity meter cant remember off hand what they are called lol. it has two 30 watt bulbs that in theory one will bring the temp up to a certain temp (85 to 90 degrees) then the second one is connected to a water heater thermostat to hold the heat at the proper temp. then the fan above the bulbs is to keep the heat in the box because heat rises so this is just my thoughts and theory. then it has the egg turner to turn eggs 180 degrees. it will hold 3 dozen eggs it still needs some work but let me know what you all think so far. this is my first post on the site. and im looking forward to learning a lot from this site i got my first chickens the other day and found so much info from this site alone its the best here thanks for all the info everybody.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Very nice!! I wish I had the patience to make my own incubator......hopefully I can get hubby to make one for me [​IMG]

3. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Good Job!! [​IMG]

4. farmerbud

farmerbud Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2010
    Very nice . I like the turner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by