My new Hova Bators are here and set up!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JerBear, Oct 7, 2011.

1. JerBear

JerBear Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I lost my Rural King LGs either in the divorce or the storage elves took them. So I bought me a 1602n w/fan and a 1588! WOW! Not to put down LG, but these are nice (for the same amount of styrofoam that goes in a $10 cooler [​IMG]). Temps has been adjusted on the 1602n and the kids have been threatened/promised with a beating if they mess with them. Just waiting on my eggs........

I see right now I'm going to be building ALLOT of coops with runs and have a free ranging "schedule" from hell come spring! DGF and kids have been looking at the different breeds and I have a list now of what to get! Oh well, we did the same with the rabbits. Keeps me out of the bars.......

Jerry

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Happy hatching!! [​IMG] I'll be setting some next week!! [​IMG]

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Congrats on your new incubators. I love my Hovabators, especially the 1588. They've both hatched out a lot of chicks and keets for me [​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations. I have LG and Hova-Bator incubators. Now I incubate in a cabinet incubator but still use my styrofoam incubators as hatchers. I love [​IMG] them.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. JerBear

JerBear Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I like your brood/beer cooler!

A friend has a Sportsman cabinet bator, but I kind of like the idea of getting a couple more of these Hovas and just using them.

Jerry

6. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think they have a 12 step thread here somewhere [​IMG] I'm not sure though - I keep scrolling right by it on my way to check my incubator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Chicken Power [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by