my new Hovabator 1602n

TheRealTimShady

Crowing
12 Years
May 23, 2011
Apollo, PA
so i was at work yesterday, just nonsense around the kitchen as usual(i'm a chef by profession). We got to talking about how i was planning on setting more eggs in the incubator on the 7th(if you wanna join in heres the link! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=577850). One of the guys i work with said he had an incubator that he bought a year ago for gecko eggs and that he never got around to using it and he'd sell it to me for 20 bucks...well darn i said, alright!

got it hooked up now, working out the kinks, it is a still air manual turner, but i already have a pc fan on a dc/ac converter in my coolerbator that i think i might just pull out and hook up in there.....only thing that is keeping me from really using it is the manual turning....the racks are 50 bucks...almost double what i paid(i don't see how thats right anyway, 1602n retail for like 70, how can you charge 50 for racks....i guess its b/c its auto)

anyway, i'll probably give it a shot on this next hatch and see how it works
big_smile.png

definitly needs some modding tho so i can keep it closed the whole time.

I think you got a really good deal on that incubator being virtually brand new for only $20! And yes, auto turning does run the price up on incubators. Those racks aren't cheap. That is where they get you! So if you don't mind turning the eggs yourself, you got a great deal!!

$50 won't seem high, when You have to roll the eggs 3 or 4 times every day!! Plus you don't have to remember to
do it....You still got an Outstanding deal even if you have to spring for the $50....Best $50 I have ever spent.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Frank

Last edited:
yea i'm gonna get them at some point, i'll probably just hand turn them for the time being, gonna setup a fan in there to change it to forced air, and put a controller on it since its a smaller container then my cooler.

will probably drill a hole and run a small pipe to the trays as well so i don't have to open it to add water, just to turn

Back
Top Bottom