My new idea! I am throwing a feeler here on my Vinyl Chicken Idea

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by myblackf150, Nov 18, 2011.

1. myblackf150

myblackf150 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Evington, VA
    Hello all,
    I have been a member here for a while and have really enjoyed the input I have been given. I have even had a chance to help out by adding on my page some automated systems I have come up with to feed and water my birds. Be that as it may, I have a big interest in Vinly Graphics and have been a part of the Cut Vinyl Sticker hobby world for a while now. Over the last month I have come up with an idea and I think with your help I can make it a success.

[​IMG]

I know almost everyone who reads this has seen the Stick Figure Family on the back glass of vehicles while driving to and from work. They are everywhere. What I have come up with is a Chicken Stick Figure Family for people like us that have a passion for Chickens.
    Rooster - Dad
    Hen - Mom
    Peeps - Children (add as many as you need)

I am posting here to get as much feedback as I can and to even help promote my stickers. I use this hobby to support my chicken hobbies and systems so I don’t think I am off topic by posting this here.

The image has a Black Background, however, the actual sticker does not have any background at all. It is made from cut vinyl and the White is the sticker. I make them from 5+ year outdoor rated vinyl.

I am including this link to my eBay page where I am selling the Stickers.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/ponydriver4064dzt/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

What do you think? I am eagerly awaiting your feedback!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Awesome Idea!!!

3. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Really cute! Would be cool if people could personalize the chickens, like have names or really short descriptions underneath (like the stick figure families do). [​IMG]

4. myblackf150

myblackf150 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Evington, VA
    Thanks for the feedback. I am always working to improve my idea.

I will post pictures of one installed onto a vehicle as soon as I can.

How can I personalize the chickens? Are you thinking something like adding hats associated with there jobs, or adding dresses onto the hens?
    I have not seen them with the names underneath but that is a good idea!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have been LOOKING for these exact things!!!

<*heading over to eBay*>

6. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I think it would be cool if there was a lanky teenage chick, maybe flapping like explosive mid-feathered chicks do lol

7. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Quote:YEAH!!!
    and running chickens [​IMG]
    and worms and bugs [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  8. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I hate those on windows. Always have always will. with that said I think your idea is actually great. I cant believe no one has done it before.

9. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    Quote:YEAH!!!
    and running chickens [​IMG]
    and worms and bugs [​IMG]

oo the bugs and worms can be the pets! [​IMG]
    And I crowing rooster for the 'out there' dads, and a broody pose hen for the 'clucky' wife HA!

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I had one made for my car but they didn't have any chickens so I had them write out the name of my breeds. i'd recommend other breed shapes (wyandottes, cochins, SILKIES, you get the idea)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by