My new Indian Runner ducklings

ruffledfeathers1234

Songster
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Athens, GA
I just got my 10 little Fawn and White runner ducklings yesterday. Boy are they cute, but they love to make a mess. I have also learned the lesson of don't put their water bowl beside their food bowl because of their love to make a mess with their water. It is amazeing how they can soak their whole brooder in just minutes.
80272_ducklings_1_002.jpg

They are the cutest!
love.gif

Don't worry about the food mess. That is how ducks eat. They need to have water near the food. They like to swish their food in the water. No worries.

AWWWW i want ur duckies! i was like oh this looks like a good post to comment on! Then i looked at the pics and this happened
ep.gif
!
love.gif
i know my babies are now fawn/white runners lol!

So far they are seeming less scared of people than a baby chick. But they do make more noise and more of a mess. I enjoy holding them in my hand and petting them, they will just fall asleep.

How adorable!
love.gif
They are such cute adult ducks too. Good luck with them
jumpy.gif

Have you put in wood shavings or something to provide traction, because it would decrease chances for splayed legs
I sooo want some of these, lucky!
lol.png

Last edited:
Hicken Newbie thanks for the tip this is my first time withe ducklings. This is very temporary housing, Because when I got home with the ducklings to put them in a brooder out in my barn a huge tree in fron of it was splitting and is prone to fall at any minute. Therefore it wasn't safe for me to go into the barn. So they are in my bedroom until the tree guy can get here to take it down this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom