1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Lemon Cockoo Orp's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KalikoFarms, Sep 21, 2011.

1. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    The bets on between myself and my hubby! Can someone help me sex these babies?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully the pictures are to where you can see. I think 4 hens and 1 roo, hubby thinks we got bluffed and only got one hen.

Thanks
    Rita

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    How old are they?

3. KalikoFarms

Jun 14, 2011
    7 or 8 weeks old. Isnt the comb more red on the roo than that of the hen? [​IMG]

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I'd guess the ones in the 2nd and 3rd pics are definite pullets, and possibly the one on the left in the last pic. The first picture I'd guess cockerel, and maybe cockerel for the one on the right in the last picture, but can't really tell since the bird moved right at the wrong moment... [​IMG]

And to answer your question about combs -- the combs on cockerels generally get redder at a younger age than on pullets, but when a pullet starts to lay, her comb gets red too.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. KalikoFarms

Jun 14, 2011
    Thanks I WON [​IMG] I WON [​IMG] I WON [​IMG]

Now lets hope we didnt booboo. Its all in fun. Either way we love them very much already. they are so sweet and come up to us when we get near them. It's wonderful

Thanks again
    Rita [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by