My new mallards......

missionsix

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Sunriver , OR (Bend)
Picked up some mallards a week ago. They are just starting to warm up. They will take food from our hands now. They aren't to happy about being picked up, but, have mellowed quite a bit.
ducks010.jpg

They like eating romaine lettuce, spinach and, kale with their other food. Messy little buggers with their water.

Quote:
Do you free range your ducks? If yes, do they leave sometimes for the day? I live within a few hundred yards (as the duck flies) to a major river.

I have 2 snowy mallards that are about 5 weeks old now. They hate being picked up but are very friendly otherwise.

Very funny ducklings.....can't wait to get their pen ready outside & set up a little pool for them, it is to cold out yet! I am hoping they won't wander to badly after they learn where their coop is. I think I will keep them locked in for a while so they learn.

Have fun with your babies!

I got 11 in the mail about a month ago. I've been raising them and a guy came a long and asked what I'd take for them. I priced them real high and he took em anyway. Now I've got to start all over.

yes my ducks have the run of a 1/2 acre to play on!!! They have never even tried to fly away!!!!! I have 2 girl ducks and 5 chickens and they all just hang out together!!! Today i'm getting a rabbit too!!!!

Back
Top Bottom