1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Muscovy Babies!!!!!!!!!!!(photo)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, Apr 5, 2011.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    My Neighbor's Hen hatched out 10 babies a week ago, sadly 4 of them vanished (their Muscovy's live on the pond and under the barn) so she asked me tonight if I wanted the 6 remaining babies and of course I said YES!!
    Ran right over there and got them, they're precious! These babies come from the same Hen and Drake that I hatched my missing Scooter from, one of them looks like Scooter did as a baby LOL Here they are.........
    [​IMG]

Aren't they gorgeous? I'm soooooooo in love and so stinking happy to have Scovies again!!!!
    For those that have been waiting for news on Scooter girl, she still hasn't come home :-(

Michelle

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    They are so, so CUTE! [​IMG] I want to raise ducks someday! Man! They are so adorable! Did you name them yet?

3. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    So cool

4. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    [​IMG] SO CUTE!!! Glad you have them, they will keep you busy while we wait for Scooter!!! [​IMG]

5. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I do still hope Scooter comes home, but you're right, these darlings will keep me busy LOL I love all of my ducks but I have to say if I could only have one breed it would be the Muscovies, that Scooter had me wrapped around her wing. Their personalities are so different from the other ducks.

I haven't named them yet, need to watch them for a few days and see what names they make me think of ;-)

I've got them set up right here beside my laptop and crafting table...what a treat to have them right next to me!

Michelle

6. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

You will see Scooter come home with a bunch of baby ducklings following her [​IMG]

7. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    That's what I've been hoping but she's been gone almost 80 days

Michelle

8. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    What cute babies!!![​IMG]

I want some! They look so sweet![​IMG]

9. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] So glad you found some Scovvie, I know they wont replace Scooter but they might fill the hole in your heart. Congrats

10. FoxhallFarm

FoxhallFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Cork, Ireland
    Best of luck, they're gorgeous, u must have a smile a mile wide on your face![​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by