My new muscovy hens

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
Not the best shot but there still awfully frightened so this is as good as it gets
tongue.png
The white one is Lilly she came with that name, the other two.. i think one is dusty and i forgot what the kids named the other
roll.png
Apparently two of them are show quality i have no comment one way or the other than that.. * This is what i was told the breeder said* not that it matters as i have no interest in ever trying that.

The rest of the flock has taken to them well, for now they are penned during the day but the others do come over and visit lol Hmm.. the pool really isn't all that dirty just it's stained
big_smile.png

IMG_0568.jpg

Quote:
Their pretty! So whats your female male ratio now?

Thanks! um, well one main drake, 2 that i am 99% sure are drakes(3+mths) and then i have 5 hens.

Quote:
Their pretty! So whats your female male ratio now?

Thanks! um, well one main drake, 2 that i am 99% sure are drakes(3+mths) and then i have 5 hens.

Thats great! So glad to hear you got more hens! Do you have pics of the two ducks you think are drakes, maybe I could help? Maybe one is a hen?!

Last edited:
Quote:

Thats great! So glad to hear you got more hens! Do you have pics of the two ducks you think are drakes, maybe I could help? Maybe one is a hen?!

Hmm. i have posted some before.. i swear there drakes lol they dwarf all the hens here ... i could probably grab a pic now.. i just chased them out of the horse field
roll.png

Ok just grabbed these shots, left them big so one can see...darn sun is gone again ..

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg
(ignore the white birds, the big one is spot.. THE drake and one of my hens)

IMG_0572.jpg
Both together probably not the best shots since the feet/legs aren't showing all that well. Ducks aren't the most co-operative.

Last edited:
Quote:

Hmm. i have posted some before.. i swear there drakes lol they dwarf all the hens here ... i could probably grab a pic now.. i just chased them out of the horse field
roll.png

Lol. Cant wait
pop.gif

Quote:
Your news hens are beautiful Congrats... I'd say drakes if I was guessing on your other 2. they look huge.
smile.png

Thank you!

As for the other ones, funny thing is there bigger than the hens but smaller than my drake..
hu.gif
oh who knows.. for now they'll stay and winter with us then come spring, i'll need to re-evaluate the situation.

Quote:
Your news hens are beautiful Congrats... I'd say drakes if I was guessing on your other 2. they look huge.
smile.png

Thank you!

As for the other ones, funny thing is there bigger than the hens but smaller than my drake..
hu.gif
oh who knows.. for now they'll stay and winter with us then come spring, i'll need to re-evaluate the situation.

How old is your beautiful white drake? that maybe the reason. My 4 month old is not as filled out as my adult drake but is big compared to the girls. I think that is a wise decision on keeping them through the winter though.

Quote:
Thank you!

hu.gif

How old is your beautiful white drake? that maybe the reason. My 4 month old is not as filled out as my adult drake but is big compared to the girls. I think that is a wise decision on keeping them through the winter though.

aw, thanks.. he's 5.5mths.. They all get along and are free ranging together so i see no need to get rid of them yet, i realize come spring it will be an issue but the added ducks in the barn will only bring warmth for the long winter ahead and besides we kinda like them
big_smile.png

Kinda ticked they aren't hen actually they bring some colour to the flock, my new hens even though two are coloured don't have that bold colouring that these two do.
duc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom