My new Nubian Buckling......pics!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by taraann81, May 17, 2010.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    This is our new Nubian buckling. When he comes home at the end of june he will be Willus. I just love him already!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    He's beautiful! I [​IMG] his spots.

3. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Very nice! I want a couple goats in a bad way but waiting to find the right ones.

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I love the spotted goats. He is very cute. Will he be disbudded?

5. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    He was actually sold with a deposit put down to a family who wanted him to have horns. They backed out and now the breeder feels it is too late to disbud. So I will band them and hope for the best. A few of my other goats have horns and I've never had a problem. But prefer none when given the choice..

6. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    he is gorgeous, Goats are the ONE animal that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have but the city laws here state no goats! I keep kicking around getting a couple TINY ones and hoping for the best lol

7. la dee da

la dee da Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Virginia
    Ohhhh he's beautiful!

ETA: I mean handsom [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Consult a vet on those little horns.. Or, rather, have the current owners consult a vet, since you won't be getting him until June.

Reason being, if you catch the horns while they're still small like that, they're sometimes still "wiggly" and not really attached to the skull yet.. If so, a vet could probably put him under (or use a local and restrain him), cut the skin around the horns, and pop them right off, then cauterize the surrounding skin.. If it can be done that way, there wouldn't be any hole into the sinus cavity, and -- to me, at least -- it would be waaaay preferable to banding them off later, once they are fully attached.

But again...that's IF they're not growing into the skull yet..

Seriously...ask a vet. At worst, you'd know, and at best, you might save yourself -- and your buck -- a big PITA later on.

He's a pretty boy.. Love the solid (non-frosty) ears...seems they're hard to come by. [​IMG]

9. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks cmjust0. I will do that!

We aren't sure if are going to wether him or not at this point...His father is a good looking buck...I can't decide.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. la dee da

la dee da Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Virginia
    If you keep him intact you have an excuse to get more females [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by