1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my new polish hens!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BellLisamo, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Waaaahooo!!!!! Someone traded me 2 of his polish hens for 2 of my phoenix baby chicks!!!

I know that one is buff laced. what is the other one. is she mixed? she has some white behind her crest, you cant see in this pic

[​IMG]

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    they look very cute hens, are they show birds?

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:I dont think so. I wish!! the buff is my favorite now!

4. chasitypearl

chasitypearl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    i love the buff laced polish i just me a pair sat i love them yours are petty i posted photos of my under my newest pretty boy take a look if you want

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like one of the Black's parents were a (Self) Black Polish and the other was possibly a WCB Polish or another breed. (I only say she looks all Polish because that's an awfully large crest for the offspring of something that is only half. If that made any sense at all.)

The color 'Black' is out there but isn't yet rocognized by the APA as a real 'color'. She has a nice looking beard there and I do see some muffing. [​IMG] So pretty! Heh, I'm probably going over-board with the breed dissection but you have two pretty Polish. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by