My New Poop Board/Nesting box

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jakoda, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    Since I have to rebuild my Dutch Barn (smooshed during Storm Sandy)..I came up with a design for a new poop board/nesting box combo since I can also expand my chicken coop area (it will be 9 x 12.. Hubby and I built this in a few days, I think it came out pretty good:) Thanks for Looking
    Diane

[​IMG]

The poop board is 8 feet long by 28 inches wide
    Nesting boxes are 16 wide by 18 deep / 18 high
    The back board is an entire piece of plywood, painted the back which abutts to the nesting boxes and put sequentia fiberglass against the wall. The left side will abutt a wall in the new barn as well as the rest of the poop board. The right side will be wired from the wall straight across the barn...(Gotta paint the middle support to)

I'm going to have to bend over to grab eggs, but no big deal, I have heavy chickens and I'm finding they like lower roosts vs the higher one they have now.

Will add a roost to the middle of the poopboard..Good thing I havent attached the backboard to the rest of this, it's heavier than I thought and how we'll get it out of the basement is beyond me!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. Jakoda

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    ok two pics didn't come thru so will try and repost them
    don't know why my pics aren't working waaaa:(

3. Jakoda

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    [​IMG]

4. Jakoda

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    [​IMG]

won't take up anymore space but here's another pic:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by