1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new RIR's I got today!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ibpboo, Mar 21, 2008.

1. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]

Chickies arrived at feed store yesterday and I was there today getting some! I wanted more........
    They have some Americauna's too, I really want some of those too! Maybe I'll go back tomorrow. [​IMG]

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Cute little fuzz butts! [​IMG]

3. StellaRella

StellaRella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Oregon
    SO CUTE!!! I love my RIRs. They are the nicest IMO. A few years ago I had a RIR roo named Willy(RIP). He was my baby, so friendly and tame. I miss him terribly:(

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty cute, and they look comfortable. What's your weather like where you are at?

5. meant2bemommie

meant2bemommie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    California
    Oh they are just too adorable!!! I wish I lived closer. I would hop over there! You are a few hours from us. Our feed store doesn't get too many chicks in and it is a MAD rush to the store to get them.

6. ibpboo

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:The weather here is warming up. Yesterday was 65*. This morning there isn't even any frost! Probably high 30's last night. Today looks promising to be warm again! I have 10 days off work, so it was the perfect time to get babies, My other chickens are 6 years now, 3 of the 4 are still laying, but I just felt it was time to get more chickies, its been a long time since I had chickies!! They like to sleep in their food bowl, its cute!
    [​IMG]

7. ibpboo

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]

Sleeping in feed bowl, I added another bowl now so they can sleep in it too!
    [​IMG]

8. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Beautiful babies! Congratulations!!!!!

9. SillyChick

SillyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Very nice RIR chicks! They look healthy and happy, too. Congratulations! How I hope the local feed store here would sell different breeds aside from cornishes.

Good luck with them!

10. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Beautiful chicks! Yes deffinetly go back and get some EEs!
    Also why dont you have them on shavings?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by