1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My new rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Donnadzitall, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Songster

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    I recently bought 9 banty chickens for $30.00 which included 3 roosters and 6 hens. In the mix is two of these guys, can anyone tell me what they are? I was told they were Old English Spangled but I'm really not sure if they are. Any info would be great! Thanks, Donna
    [​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:could be half spangled old english, But to me its a silkie with a unknown variety coloring.. and hard feathers, so silkie/Old english?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  3. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Songster

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    The other rooster of different breed is a silkie so maybe he has them cross breeding? Here is the other one...I have them all separated to prevent that with other banties I have. This silkie has the same type of comb on the forehead as well.
    [​IMG]

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:yeah their silkie/old english crosses i believe. the white ones tail is too long/held way high.

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    It's a gold duckwing silkie x, be interesting to see the pattern on a silkie...

6. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Songster

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    Thanks for the help! They sure are interesting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by